What is Office Login?
Microsoft office provides a large number of applications for businesses, educational institutions, and home use. Its applications include Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint and many more that are helpful in creating spreadsheets, presentations, make labels for your home or office.
How to Create an account?
For office Login and to enable all the features of Microsoft office, firstly you need to create an office account. You need to follow all the below-given steps for account creation:
- Firstly, open your preferred web browser.
- Then, go to the official website of Microsoft Office.
- Now, you will see a “Sign in” button in the middle of the page. Click “Sign in”.
- Next, you need to click on “Create one” in order to initiate the process of account creation.
- In the next window, you are required to “Enter your email address” and click on the blue “Next” button.
- After that, you need to “Create a Password”. Your password must fulfill all the below-given specifications:
- The password must contain at least 8 characters.
- Include uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Must contain at least one numeric value.
- Use valid symbols.
- Then, click on the “Next” button.
- Now, Microsoft will send you an email to verify your email address which also contains a security code. Open the mail and note down the code.
- Next, go to your sign-in page and enter the same security code in the required field. Also, if you want to get notifications of the latest updates, tick mark the given box.
- In the next window, “Enter the Captcha” in the required field. Make sure that you enter the same characters as mentioned.
- After that, you need to click on “Create Account” and your account is successfully created.
- In addition, you will receive an email to confirm your account. Open the mail and click “Verify”.
Procedure For Office Login
Once you have created your Microsoft account, you are ready to log in. Follow the given steps for office login.
- Firstly, open your preferred web browser.
- Then, you need to visit office.com. By doing so, it will open the homepage of Microsoft office.
- In the next window, you need to “Enter your email address” that you use while creating your account.
- After that, click on the “Next” button.
- In the next window, “Enter your password”. But if you forget your password, click on “Forgot Password” and you will receive an email to reset your password.
- Then, click on the “Sign in” button. By clicking on the sign-in button you accept the terms and conditions of Microsoft.
Troubleshooting of Office Login Issues
Sometimes at the time of Office login, the page does not respond and you are unable to login to your account. So, below are some troubleshooting steps that may resolve your login issue.
1. Enter a Valid Email Address and Password
Firstly, make sure that you are entering a valid email address while login to your Office account. Your email address must be in lower case letters and should not contain any unwanted spaces. Also, if you forget your password, follow the below-given steps to reset your password.
- First of all, click on “Forgot Password” on your office login page.
- Then, enter your email address, or phone number that you used at the time of account creation of Microsoft and click on the “Next” button.
- Then, they will send a one-time verification code to your email address or phone number.
- After that, enter the same code in the required field of your next screen on the account page and you will be able to set a new password.
- Now, you need to “Enter your new password” and click on the “Next” button.
- Then, “Retype your password” and click on the “Confirm” button.
Your password is reset now and you can try for office login. If the issue persists, follow the next method.
2. Clear the Saved Windows Credentials
If you have changed your password recently and typing the wrong password in the wrong place repeatedly, then it might possible that the wrong credentials are saved. So, in order to login to your account successfully, delete the saved passwords. Below is the procedure for it:
- Click on the “Start” button on your computer.
- Then you need to select “Control Panel” from the list.
- After that, type “Credentials” in the search field which is located in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Now, you are required to open the “Credential Manager” to carry on with the procedure.
- Next, click on “Windows Credentials” and then select your credentials which you want to delete from the list.
- After that, click on the “Remove” button.
- Then, a dialog box will appear on the screen and you need to click on the “Yes” button.
Your saved credentials are deleted now, and you can try for Office login.
3. Check Your Internet Connectivity
Sometimes, you are unable to login to your account if there is some problem with the network connection. Make sure that you are using the high internet speed, so reset your internet connection by following the below-given steps:
- First of all, turn off your modem.
- Then, you need to wait for 20-30 seconds.
- After that, power on your modem and then you need to enable the internet connection on your system.
- After the internet is connected, try for office login and if the issue persists, follow the next method.
4. Repair Microsoft Application
Whenever you face issues while login to your Office account, it might be possible that the currently running office application is corrupted. In that case, you need to repair it. Follow the below-mentioned steps to repair office application:
- First of all, go to the “Control Panel” on your system.
- In the next window, you need to click on the “Programs” tab.
- After that, click on “Programs and Features”.
- Then, scroll down to find your office product and right-click on it.
- Now, you will two options “Uninstall” or “Change”. You need to click on “Change” in order to carry with the repairing procedure.
- In the next step, you will see two repair options- “Quick Repair” and “Online Repair”.
- Select the online repair option as it helps in fixing all the issues but requires an internet connection. After selecting the option, you need to click on the “Repair” button which is located at the bottom.
Once the repair gets done, try to login to your account
5. Recover your account when your profile is temporarily blocked
Sometimes you are unable to sign-in to your account if the account holder has blocked any of the Microsoft Services Agreement. In that case, Microsoft usually locks your account. Follow the below-given steps to unlock your Microsoft account:
- First of all, go to account.microsoft.com and you are required to sign-in to your locked account.
- Then, you need to enter your phone number to request a security code via text message. You can enter any phone number that can receive text messages.
- After that, enter the same security code that you receive in the message into the given field of your web page.
- Now, you are required to “Change Your Password” to complete the unlocking process. So, follow the on-screen instructions and set a strong new password for your Office login.
6. Sign-in when using a new device
Microsoft is always concerned about its user’s security and prevents people from signing in without your permission. So, when you are signing from a new location or device, you cannot sign in to your account directly. Follow the below-given steps to sign in:
- First of all, enter your email address or phone number on the sign-in page. Then click on the “Next” button.
- As you are signing in from a new location or a new device, Microsoft will send you a security code on your email address or phone number.
- Enter the same security code in the required field of the Microsoft account page.
- After that, enter your password and click on the “Sign in” button.
So, without entering the security code, you can not sign in to your Microsoft account if you are using a new device or location.
7. Password is not accepted when you turned on two-step verification
If you have turned on two-step verification on your Office login and try to login by using apps or older devices that do not support two-step verification, you can face login issues.
So, if the office app is not prompting you to enter a security code at the time of sign, you may be able to sign in by entering your app password. You just need to enter your app password where you would enter your normal Microsoft account password in the application. By doing so, your Office login is successfully done.
8. Use the Troubleshooting Tool
If you are facing issues at the time of Office login, Microsoft provides a troubleshooting tool that may resolve your issue. You are required to download the tool from Microsoft. It will analyze every function of your app and make the necessary changes to get things working again.
So, the above-mentioned is the procedure for account creation and Office login. Also, if you are facing any kind of issues at the time of login to your account, follow the above troubleshooting methods carefully.